Webinar replay: Valuation - Will the style rotation persist?
- 01 hr 00 mins 43 secs
Since the financial crisis, growth stocks – particularly technology – have driven equity returns across the world. Now with central banks looking through the pandemic and becoming more hawkish, bond yields are moving higher and investment markets are starting to question equity valuations. In the first weeks of the year we saw some style rotation in equity markets as investors re-assessed their outlook.
At Invesco, our investment teams believe this rotation is significant and set to be a prominent theme of 2022. Watch this webinar replay for their views on some of the most topical questions:
- Is this the start of a new era of investment style or a shorter-term bounce back of underappreciated value?
- Will bond yields continue to track upwards and what does that mean for equity investors given traditional stock market valuation methods?
- Is this the right time to rebalance portfolios that have favoured defensive growth sectors to more cyclical sectors?
- Is this trend affecting one region in particular, for instance US large cap technology, or does it affect investors across markets?
- Arnab Das, Global Markets Strategist
- Martin Walker, Head of UK Equities
- Oliver Collin, European Equities Fund Manager
- Charles Bond, Asian and Emerging Market Equities Fund Manager
The value of investments and any income will fluctuate (this may partly be the result of exchange rate fluctuations) and investors may not get back the full amount invested.
This video is for Professional Clients only and is not for consumer use.
This video is marketing material and is not intended as a recommendation to invest in any particular asset class, security or strategy. Regulatory requirements that require impartiality of investment/investment strategy recommendations are therefore not applicable nor are any prohibitions to trade before publication. The information provided is for illustrative purposes only. It should not be relied upon as recommendations to buy or sell securities.
Where individuals or the business have expressed opinions, they are based on current market conditions. They may differ from those of other investment professionals. They are subject to change without notice and are not to be construed as investment advice.
Issued by Invesco Asset Management Limited, Perpetual Park, Perpetual Park Drive, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire RG9 1HH, UK. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Telephone 01491 417600